Commercial Pilot Program
The Commercial Pilot Program is an advance certificate and is the first major milestone of a professional pilot career. This is the course where you will demonstrate your mastery of the aircraft and the flight environment.
- Private Pilot Certificate - Private Pilot Course Information
- Instrument Pilot Rating - Instrument Pilot Course Information
- Be at least 17 years of age at start and at least 18 years of age at time of certification.
- Be able to read, speak, and understand the English language
- Possess a valid medical certificate
- Receive a minimum of 55 hours of flight training and instruction and have at least 250 total hours upon completion of the course.
- Pass a knowledge test as well as the practical test
Estimated Cost $25,000 - 30,000*
- Aircraft Rental - 170 hours**
- Instructor (dual flight and Ground)
- Medical - $250 (if you do not already have one)
- FAA Written Exam - $150
- FAA Check Ride - $300-450
- King Schools Commercial Pilot Training Course - $365
*Additional costs are associated with this program and are all dependant on the individual student.
** This estimate assumes you have completed the Private Pilot and Instrument PIlot courses with the minimum time required. Complete requirements for a Commercial Pilot are listed in 14 CFR Part 61.129.