Instrument Flight Instructor
Flight Instructor - Instrument
Once you have your CFI, you will want to add the ability to teach Instrument Pilots. This course is designed to get the candidate the required proficiency to meet the check ride requirements.
- At least a Commercial Pilot Certificate with Instrument rating and a Flight Instructor Certificate appropriate for category and class of aircraft - Flight Instructor, Commercial Pilot Course Information, Instrument Pilot Course
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be able to read, speak, and understand the English language
- Possess a valid medical certificate
- Receive sufficient flight training and instruction required to demonstrate flight proficiency in required areas.
- Pass a two knowledge tests as well as the practical test
Estimated Cost $5500 - 6500*
- Aircraft Rental - 15 hours
- Instructor (dual flight and Ground)
- Medical - $250* if you do not already have one
- FAA Written Exam - $150
- FAA Check Ride - $300-450
- King Schools Flight Instructor Instrument Training Course - $365
*Additional costs are associated with this program and are all dependant on the individual student.