An instrument rating is a challenging and fun rating that allows the Private Pilot to fly only by reference to the instruments. It is a necessary next step towards a Commercial Pilot certificate. With this program you embark on an exciting endeavour - learning to fly through clouds and low visibility.
- Private Pilot Certificate - Private Pilot Course Information
- Be at least 17 years of age
- Be able to read, speak, and understand the English language
- Possess a valid medical certificate
- Receive a minimum of 40 hours of flight training and instruction
- Pass a knowledge test as well as the practical test
Estimated Cost $9500-15,000*
- Aircraft Rental - 40 hours
- Instructor (dual flight and Ground)
- Medical - $250* if you do not already have one
- FAA Written Exam - $150
- FAA Check Ride - $300-450
- King Schools Instrument Pilot Training Course - $365
*Additional costs are associated with this program and are all dependant on the individual student.