This is the first step towards your aviation goals. Even if you do not want to pursue an aviation career, the Private Pilot certificate is your first step as you learn to fly airplanes and can open the doors to travel opportunities and adventures. It takes the average student about 50-60 hours of flight training to successfully complete the private pilot certificate. To achieve this goal will require time, dedication and funds to pay for the costs.
- Be at least 17 years of age**
- Be able to read, speak, and understand the English language
- Obtain at least a current third-class medical certificate or fly under the FAA's BasicMed program
- Receive a minimum of 40 hours of flight time including training and solo flight
- Pass a knowledge test as well as the practical test
Estimated Cost $9500-15,000*
- Aircraft Rental - 40 hours
- Instructor (dual flight and Ground)
- Medical - $250
- FAA Written Exam - $150
- FAA Check Ride - $300-450
- King Schools Private Pilot Training Course - $365
*Additional costs are associated with this program and are all dependent on the individual student.
** A student can start at 16 but must be 17 before the completion of the program.